Find an Accredited Training Partner Today!
Robotic Process Automation Foundation
The Robotic Process Automation Foundation (RPAF) course will teach participants the fundamentals of RPA technology, and how organizations can use RPA to automate workflows and processes.
The Robotic Process Automation Foundation (RPAF) course is an introduction to RPA concepts and technologies, and how they can be used in professional organizations to increase quality and efficiency. By using Robotic Process Automation, organizations can automate repetitive processes and tasks, making processes more lean and effective.
Robotic Process Automation has quickly risen in popularity in recent years, mainly driven by an increased focus on automation practices in the financial and insurance industry. Gartner research indicates RPA technologies can help reduce operational costs with 30% by 2024. The main benefits of Robotic Process Automation include improved customers satisfaction, increased operational efficiency, and higher levels of quality.
The RPA Foundation course is a vendor-neutral, comprehensive and practical course that explains the fundamentals of RPA technology, as well as the workflow design aspects and techniques. The course covers practical guidance that will teach you how to set up bots that execute processes, and how your organization can set the first steps with the implementation of RPA. The course curriculum of the RPA Foundation course is fully aligned with the structure of the Service Automation Framework.
In this course, participants will get an overview of the fundamental drivers and technologies that make up Robotic Process Automation. Participants will learn how to design automated processes, and how to use robots and scripts to automate workflows and processes. Additionally, the course also covers quality criteria for RPA design, as well as implementation best practices.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Robotic Process Automation Foundation certification exam.
The course objectives of the Robotic Process Automation Foundation course include a practical understanding of:
- The history of robotic process automation and its core benefits.
- The business drivers for robotic process automation.
- How RPA can help organizations reduce operational costs, whilst remain high-quality of service.
- The inter-relationship between Robotic Process Automation, Service Automation and Business Process Automation.
- The technical structure and components of RPA platforms.
- RPA workflow design methodologies and activity planning (variables, arguments, data types and collections.
- Specification of sequence and control flow in workflow design.
- Common RPA functions and techniques, including Excel automation, database automation, text extraction and email automation .
- Monitoring aspects of RPA, including logs, audit, alerts, and role management.
- RPA quality controls and exception handling of workflows.
- Automation Orchestration for managing automation tasks and actions
- The structure and setup of RPA projects in organizations and the setup of the RPA Centre of Excellence.
- Continual improvement practices for RPA.
The target audience of the Robotic Process Automation Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers and Testing professionals such as:
- Anyone starting or leading an automation transformation program
- Application Developers
- Automation Architects
- Automation Engineers
- Business Managers
- Change Agents
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
Participants to the Robotic Process Automation Foundation course will receive the following study materials:
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
There are no official prerequisites. Familiarity with basic IT process language is preferred.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60-minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Robotic Process Automation Foundation (RPAF) Certificate. The examination and certification process is administered by APMG-International on behalf of the Service Automation Framework Alliance.
DETAILED COURSE OUTLINE
Module 1: Introduction to Robotic Process Automation
- Defining Robotic Process Automation
- The rapid growth of Robotic Process Automation
- Benefits and business drivers RPA
- Similarities and differences between Robotic Process Automation, Service Automation and Business Process Automation.
- Defining an RPA strategy
- Maturity of RPA organizations
Module 2: RPA Platforms and Architectures
- Introduction to RPA Platforms
- Common terms and definition is RPA platforms
- Technical components and elements of RPA Platforms
- Understanding Robots and their components
- Defining characterises of robots and bots
- Automation orchestration
Module 3: RPA Processes Design
- The catalogue of RPA Processes
- Determining which processes are suitable for RPA
- Process visualization techniques and best practices
- Different types of workflows (sequences, flowcharts, and transactional business processes.
Module 4: Structuring RPA Workflows
- Variables, scope, data types and collections in workflows
- Sequencing of workflows
- Activities and control flow
- Integration with external databases and systems
- Workflow and scripting best practices
Module 5: Common RPA Functions and Techniques
- Excel automation
- Database automation
- Text extraction
- Web Browser Automation
- Email automation
Module 6: Monitoring and Control in RPA
- Defining KPI’s and monitoring controls for RPA
- Monitoring system event triggers
- Monitoring image and element triggers
- Configuring Logs, Audits and Alerts
- Configuring RPA Role Management
Module 7: Quality Control and Exception Handling:
- Common exceptions and exception handling
- Logging and debugging techniques
- Error reporting
- Quality Control processes for RPA
Module 8: Automation orchestration
- Introduction automation orchestration
- Activities, tasks and actions in automation orchestration
Module 9: Setting up RPA Projects:
- RPA Project Planning
- Key stakeholders in RPA project planning
- The RPA centre of excellence
- Roles and responsibilities in RPA projects
Module 10: Sample Exam and Official Examination
- Review of course materials
- The Robotic Process Automation sample exam
- The official RPA Foundation exam